Your body is your true home
Many people have a difficult relationship with their body. Surprisingly, even athletes, dancers, and yogis struggle with their physical self-image. Movingness is a new method for healing the broken body-mind connection. Step by step you can reclaim your right to feel at home in yourself.
Movingness is not like other methods
Most movement methods are based on imitation. In Movingness, you’re listening to your own body and allowing it to guide you. This creates an amazing feeling of safety and well-being. It also opens your natural curiosity for learning more and growing as a human being. Not because you have to, but because you want to.
The precarious state of the body
In two alarming reports, The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that 1.4 billion adults and 80 percent of adolescents worldwide are not active enough to stay physically and mentally healthy. How did we end up in this situation? What is happening to our bodies?
As children, we often have a strong connection with our body. But as we grow older, we shift our focus to the stressful, outside world. Gradually, this leads to a disconnection between our body and mind. As a result, our body becomes stiff and tense. We don’t feel at home in ourself anymore.
You can wake up your body again
Even though you feel stiff and uncomfortable, you can create a new, vibrant relationship with your body. Remember, it‘s not about perfection, but connection. In Movingness, you don’t have to force yourself to move. It’s about reconnecting with the joy of movement and the joy of life!
You don’t have to build a strenuous discipline to feel good in yourself. The first step on the journey back to yourself is to bring your attention to the felt sense in your body, and slowly move from there.
Living an embodied life
Living an embodied life is more than just moving. It is about reconnecting with yourself – with your body, your community, and nature. When you find home in your body, you also reconnect with your basic feelings. You don’t have to figure everything out with your brain – you can feel it from within!
How you can benefit right now
- Experience your body and your basic feelings
- Feel closer to your partner, family, friends, and community
- Enjoy touch and intimacy in a new and profound way
- Reconnect with animals and with nature
- Move with ease and lightness
- Improve your body image and self esteem
- Enjoy being physically active e.g. when you’re walking, running, dancing, exercising, working in your garden, or playing with your kids
How you can benefit later in life
- Stay active and independent
- Enjoy being in your body even though it’s not a young body anymore
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Enjoy a new level of softness and flexibility in your body
- Move with less fear
- Prevent falls and injuries
- Enjoy an active sexual life
- Decrease wear and tear on joints and ligaments
- Have a realistic body image – know what you can do and what to avoid
Why choose me?
Hi, my name is Peter Appel. I’m an internationally acclaimed embodiment teacher. I’m also a yoga teacher in four traditions, dance facilitator, mental trainer, and the founder of Movingness. I have a life long interest in different somatic and meditation practices. When you study with me, you get practical knowledge and deep insights into the human body-mind.
Peter has been teaching at The University of Rochester, US; The Stockholm Yoga & Dance Festival, Sweden; and The Sound, Music and Wellbeing Symposium in Joensuu, Finland. He was one of the featured teachers during the first Embodiment Conference in 2018.
Let’s stay in touch!
Are you looking for new ways to reconnect with your body? Do you want to know more about body history, philosophy and psychology? Well, then – let’s stay in touch!